I have always been an Adobe fan, and have been using Adobe software like PageMaker, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator since the beginning, in fact, that was one of the missing pieces on the iPad for me. Well, Adobe is adding apps at a rapid pace. I am excited about these capabilities on my iPad. Photoshop Mix brings real photo editing to your mobile device. The app requires an Adobe ID (it is free), but no paid Creative Cloud subscription, and runs on the iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display.
Crop and straighten images, adjust exposure, contrast, clarity, and saturation or just tap the Enhance button to let the app figure out the adjustments for you.
The app is more like the Photoshop on your computer…. Dragging your finger over an image engages selection technology for finding edges and manipulating them, and a Feather Edges tool softens hard edges. It makes working with a finger much easier on the iPad than if you were to use a stylus or mouse on the desktop.
Another new FREE app is Adobe Photoshop Mix
Photoshop Mix makes it quick and easy to transform your photos anywhere you are. Cut out, combine and seamlessly blend pictures to create sophisticated multilayered images. Apply one of over a dozen Looks to select areas or your whole photo. Share with friends for fun. And refine photos further or incorporate them into other creative projects by accessing them inside new Photoshop Fix or sending them to Photoshop CC on your desktop.
- Cut out and remove sections of your images and merge photos using multiple layers.
- Create sophisticated image blends by experimenting with different blend modes and Fill Opacities within each layer until you get the look you want. Mix includes some of the most popular blend modes from Photoshop CC.
- Adjust colors and contrast or apply preset Looks (filters) to your pictures. Enhance the entire image, or just a portion with the touch of your finger.
- Nondestructive editing means your original pics stay pristine and untouched.
- Quickly and easily share your creations on social media.
- Easily move images to and from Mix and a variety of Adobe desktop and mobile apps — including new Photoshop Fix and Photoshop CC — so you can access a wealth of additional features to get the look you want. It’s all powered by Adobe CreativeSync.