A little different resource this week. Unfortunately, I could not narrow it to just one. I am sure there is something for everyone in these 6 apps to help keep you safe and protected.
I saw this story on the Today Show http://www.today.com/money/jeff-rossen-demonstrates-3-apps-help-keep-your-kids-safe-t45296
"Last year, University of Virginia student Hannah Graham was murdered. Now three new smartphone apps are available for free download to help prevent such tragedies."
- Companion: Never Walk Alone - Your Personal Safety Service and Mobile Blue Light: Companion lets you reach out to family, friends or your campus police and have them keep an eye on you as you travel late at night. Wherever you go, get there safely with a Companion!
- Circle of 6: With Circle of 6 you have a new way to connect with your most trusted friends —to stay close, stay safe and prevent violence before it happens! It's the mobile way to look out for your friends— on campus or when you're out for the night.
- LifeLine Response: LifeLine Response has a 100% FREE TRIAL and is your chance to test drive a personal burglar alarm! It requires set-up with info to identify you to 911 in case of emergency. Activate the app a few times during your regular activities. Be prepared, not scared!
And the same day I heard a report on the radio about the 4Parents collection of apps that allows you to leverage technology to protect and manage your family.
- LifeSaver by 4Parents: Helping save lives by preventing people from texting while driving.
- ParentalBoard by 4Parents Parental Board is an online parental control service that allows you to easily monitor, track, manage and secure your children's mobile devices (phones and tablets). Using Parental Control Board parents can track position of their kids, get a notification when kid leaves a predefined zone, get a notification when kid is in emergency, etc.
- SquareHub Your Family Organizer: Shared Calendar, To-Do Lists, Locator, Photo Journal & Private Group Messaging: SquareHub keeps your family connected, organized, and happy. You can send private group messages and photos with each other, share calendars, share to-do lists, share child location information, and create those spontaneous moments of joy with the people who matter most to you, your family! Whether you’re a family with young kids, mobile teenagers, kids away at college, or you’re a family living in multiple locations, SquareHub makes it easy for everyone in your family to stay connected!