Looking for free teacher resources? This is the App for you! Receive free access to top-rated, award winning classroom resources for teachers.These educator-created and approved resources are sent to you daily, exclusively through this App.Sign into SimpleK12’s Teacher Resource of the Day iPad App and discover a new free teacher resource every day. Receive daily inspirations to spark a new idea, refresh a lesson plan, or engage your students in new and exciting ways.TYPES OF RESOURCES INCLUDE:•Instructional Videos•eBooks•Lesson Plans•Educator Interviews•And much, Much, MORE!TOPICS INCLUDE:•iPads and Mobile Learning•Digital Storytelling•Common Core State Standards•STEM•Literacy•Special Education•School Safety•And much, Much, MORE!To access your Resource of the Day, sign in to your FREE SimpleK12 account. Don’t have one? You can create a free membership quickly and easily once you have downloaded the App. Just click the “Sign Up for SimpleK12.com” button of the App welcome screen.
Tired of junk mail? Check out Unroll.Me It's a free service that scans your e-mails and automatically unsubscribes from e-mail services. Links below! Let us know how you made out in the comments. Unroll.me only works on certain e-mail services like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, and Hotmail.
DESCRIPTIONCAPTUREPaper’s swipe-to-style formatting makes creating checklists and notes faster and more fun than any other app. The photo spotlight tool helps you quickly clarify essential details.CONNECTBring text, photos, and sketches together. Keep your ideas organized, and see everything in one place to make connections you can’t see in siloed lists.COMMUNICATEPaper’s unique visual notes are designed to help you get your point across quickly and precisely. Paper also lets you share your ideas any way you want to, including as professionally-formatted PDFs, Keynote and Powerpoint presentations.
In the classroom, Paper is good for:
Don’t take my word for it. Have a go yourself.
BitGym's breakthrough software will track every step you take by using just the front-facing camera on your tablet or smartphone.
Note: Please make sure to allow camera access to the app once it asks!
- No hardware required - BitGym tracks your exercise speed by using the front-facing camera on your device.
- Works on any bike, elliptical, stepper, erg or treadmill - just place your iPhone or iPad down so you're in view and start exercising.
- Our library of 80+ tours is available via streaming or local download.
- View the tours to your TV using an Apple TV or an HDMI cable.
- Constantly growing - With new tours added regularly, BitGym will keep surprising you.
- Track all your workouts and calories burned using the new Health App! (iOS 8 / iPhone only)
- Connected your Bluetooth Smart (LE/4.0) heart rate monitor for heart rate monitoring and increased accuracy in calorie counting.
Edge, iPads In The Classroom - Episode 150, Padlet on the iPad
Embeddable players. Share your tracks anywhere on the web, while maintaining control and insight into play activity.
Twitter cards. Sharing your episodes in people’s Twitter streams is as easy as copy/paste. In fact, we have seamless integrations with all major social networks.
Timed comments. Get even closer to your audience. See what they have to say about your podcast throughout each episode, and respond! Whoever said hearing a podcast is a solitary experience wasn’t hearing a podcast on SoundCloud
- Link to SoundClouds directions https://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide/podcasting
- Link to Apple instructions for publishing a Podcast: https://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html (although you don’t need these if you are using Soundcloud for Podcasting)
- Link to the iPad App:
- Link to the Kindle Fire App: (since our students are using Kindle Fires in Block C, a link the the app I am sharing for the Kindle Fire will be included whenever possible).
10 ways to use Sway
Sway is 100% teacher friendly and can be used in variety of different ways. Check out Pip Cleaves form the Australian Teachers Blog top ten ideas to get you thinking of ways to use Sway in your teaching.
- Presentations – Teachers and students can use Sway as a presentation tool for learning
- eTextbooks – create your own eTextbook with links, information, videos, images and questions. You can then direct students to different website, using Sway as the base learning pathway
- Picture Books – get students to create a storybook using Sway
- Experiment and Research Reports – use sway to show research, experiment videos and results. You could even make your next science report using Sway
- Artwork or Multimedia Portfolio – Use Sway as a product portfolio to show a number of your own creations. Spend some time to explain what your project was, and why you created it
- Dictionary – Sway would make n awesome picture dictionary for English as Another Language or Language Other Than English students. Set groups the task to create dictionaries complete with audio tracks (uploaded to sound cloud)
- Book and Film Reviews – This multimodal tool makes a wonderful platform for students to create literacy focussed tasks such as reviews and analysis pieces
- Professional Learning Resource – Create a Sway for professional learning by bringing together links, help, examples and advice for teacher colleagues with which you are working
- Flipped Learning content delivery – use Sway to deliver your unit of study. Bring all the content together and allow students to view it at home in one space. Share the link, and you’re done
- School Showcases – Bring the best of your school together, simply choose images, text and video then embed your Sway on the front page of your school website. What a cool new way to share your school’s success.
Ignite Teaching: FREE APP: The perfect tool for collaborative Project Based Learning through digital projects. Best of all, Ignite Teaching features detailed analytics that will allow you to assess individual student contributions in every group project.
Students can finally collaborate on multimedia projects. Create the project titles and share with your students with an invitation code. Students join the project and build their slides that can include pictures, text, and video.
Students can work on their part of the project on their own device and at their own pace. When the team is finished, they submit their work and you can see it from your account and know exactly who did what. You'll be able to see qualitative and quantitative analytics on individual student contributions in a group project through the assessment tools.
It also gives a link to view on the web.
Ignite Teaching allows you to have multiple projects running at the same time but, it is also possible to have students work on independent projects.
It even has a browser version, but there are limitations and it warns you about accessing all features, to use the iPad app.
- Add text, images, and videos
- Drag and drop content
- Leverage layers and effects like transparencies, rotation, colors and border to customize content
- Projects can be multiple pages
Receiving & Making phone calls on your iPad