- Haiku Deck intentionally limits how much text that you can put on each of your slides.
- Haiku Deck helps you find Creative Commons licensed images for your presentations. When you type a word or words on your slides you can have Haiku Deck search for images. The images that Haiku Deck serves up are large enough to completely fill your slide.
- Yes, you can even upload your own images from your iPad or import images from Instagram and Facebook.
- I have even used Haiku Deck to find images and design slides before putting them into Keynote.
- On the same track, Haiku Deck has directions for exporting Haiku Deck to PowerPoint. Available in both the iPad and web app versions of Haiku Deck.
- And if you want to import PowerPoint or Keynote slides into Haiku Deck, you can do that too, Find those directions here.
Official Description http://goo.gl/zvGypO
Bitmoji is your own personal emoji – that you can use right from your keyboard!
• Create an expressive cartoon avatar
• Choose from a growing library of moods, stickers and comic scenes - featuring YOU!
• Use it in iMessage, WhatsApp and more
I have to admit, I have reached that point in life where I absolutely hate pictures of myself, clearly I have not embraced the selfie craze. I saw this on the Today show this morning and on my, what fun it is. Ok, admittedly I went a little crazy, but the cool thing is I just made my Avatar and there are tons of options and it just puts your Avatar face or whole body into the scene. So I really only made one.
And there are lots of ways to share, iMessage, Mail, FB Messenger, Facebook, twitter, save to your photos, etc.
By the way it is an iPhone app, so if you are looking for it in the APP store on your iPad, look for iPhone Apps! http://goo.gl/zvGypO
Yes, iPhone apps work on iPad too!!
The app Bitmoji enables you to create a customized avatar, choosing such details as the shape of your nose and eyes, clothing, build, hair, and more. And you can share it with friends. http://www.today.com/video/today/57061878#57061878
If you use your thumbs to type, you will love this. All you need to do is tap and hold the keyboard button on the bottom right hand side, the one you normally use to hide the keyboard. A pop up menu will appear, choose the split option. Splitting the keyboard also provides access to hidden keys that were not there before.
2. Shake to get rid of Errors, Yup, shake like an etch-a-sketch
It is crazy, but, you ca really undo typing errors by shaking your iPad. If you make a mistake while typing just hold it up and give it a vigorous shake (hold on tight). A box will then appear on your screen asking you if you would like to undo the error.
3. Speed up typing with Double tap of Space Bar
When typing, you can just tap the space bar twice on the keyboard and it stops and a single space will be produced, and the next letter will be capitalized. This trick can save you a ton of time. Also works on the iPhone.
4. Use your iPad as a Remote
Your iPad can control your computer and also act as a remote for controlling your video and music. All you need to do is to make sure that everything is working on the same Wi-Fi. You will need the Remote App. It is FREE.
5. Take a screenshot
To take a screenshot just press the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. The screen will flash and make a little camera sound . The screenshot will automatically be saved to your photos.
6. Yes, your iPad can read our loud
Your iPad can read any selectable text out loud? How cool is that? Just enable the Speak option. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility. Scroll down to Speak Selection, and turn it on. Use the slider control to set the speaking rate. Check it, because it reads really fast by default. Now you can select any text and the Speak Option appears and you can let your iPad read the text out loud. I use this with my earbuds all the time.
Google Cheat Sheets for Teachers and Students in one, convenient, PDF eBook!More than 32 pages of cheat sheets, tips and more! -
- NEW Google Drive Cheat Sheet
- Google Docs Cheat Sheet
- Google Forms Cheat Sheet
- Google Slides Cheat Sheet
- Google Sheets Cheat Sheet
- Google Drawings Cheat Sheet
- Google Drive for iOS Cheat Sheet
- Google Chrome Cheat Sheet
- AND...Tips, Tricks and links along the way!
Photos for Class is an image search engine students can use to find copyright-friendly photos for research projects. What is great is the fact that it automatically cites the author and the image license terms. Easy peasy.
Search now to download properly attributed, Creative Commons photos for school!
Teachers have told us they need a place to access safe images that are available to be used in the classroom and for educational purposes. Plus they want accurate image citations. We’ve heard you and created “Photos For Class” to meet your needs for images!
- Safe G Rated Images - All images are appropriate for school setting thanks to Flicker safe Search and our proprietary filters - Read More
- Automatic Citation - Downloaded images automatically cite the author and the image license terms - Read More
- Creative Commons - All photos shown are to the best of our (and Flickr's) knowledge Creative Commons licensed for school use